The MacSparky Shortcuts Field Guide, iOS 13 Edition
Through the use of Apple’s Shortcuts app on iOS, you can harness the power of automation on your iPhone and iPad and easily achieve all kinds of tasks across a wide number of services and apps, all without having to write a single line of code. And in the all-new iOS 13, Shortcuts is more powerful than ever.
To help you get the most out of Shortcuts’ potential in iOS 13, David Sparks has released an update to his MacSparky Shortcuts Field Guide, which is part of his excellent MacSparky Field Guides series. This screencast video course has been reshot from the ground up, clocking in at 107 screencasts totaling over six hours of new content.
As you go through the course, you’ll not only learn the basics of Shortcuts and how it can fit into your life and workflow, you’ll also learn how to do things like:
- Get an automatic weather report for the location of tomorrow’s appointments.
- Block schedule an entire week.
- Put your iPhone into “Focus Mode” when you connect to a coffee shop’s Wi-Fi.
- Build simple apps, like a self-creating packing list customized for your needs.
- Automate your meetings.
- Automate sending a message when you’re running late, with an accurate, automatically generated ETA.
- …and much more
The videos can be streamed or downloaded once you’ve purchased the course, and a bunch of downloadable shortcuts are included so you can install and run them alongside whichever video you’re watching.
David kindly released a free 40-minute sample video so you can preview what the course itself will be like:
You can enroll in the course for just $29, and if you apply the code LAUNCHSHORTCUTS at checkout, you’ll save $5.