Affinity Designer for iPad
Affinity’s new Designer app for iPad is a testament to the continued move to power user apps on the iPad. This full-featured vector illustration tool takes all the power and precision of the company’s Mac app and converts it into a stunning, immersive mobile experience. It’s not a mere port, though; it was completely rebuilt from the ground up with touch in mind, and especially the Apple Pencil.
They made a cool promo video for it:
Designer is so feature-rich that it’s impossible to cover every little thing in this post, but here are some key highlights:
- Metal support: Blazing fast performance means you won’t have to worry about lag while editing large files in real time.
- Support for all major formats: Files can be exported as EPS, PSD, SVG, PDF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, and more, so they can be used anywhere you need them — including print, online, and in other apps.
- 1,000,000% zoom: Never worry about the accuracy of your work again.
- Over 100 brushes: They’ve got an enormous library of paints, pencils, inks, pastels, and gouches to cover pretty much any requirement.
- Vector ↔ Pixel switching: Switch seamlessly between vector and raster workflows without having to leave the app.
- Complete color control: Designer supports end-to-end CMYK, ICC colour management, and spot colors for professional printing.
Near the bottom of the app’s official webpage, they have a slideshow that showcases some fantastic pieces created with Designer for iPad:
For a limited time, you can buy the incredible Designer for iPad app for $14 on the iOS App Store (30% off its future regular price).