Tweetbot 5 for iOS
Despite Twitter’s ongoing attempts to needlessly hobble 3rd-party clients, I still get excited to see our favorite one continuing to release updates. Today, Tweetbot 5 for iOS was released, and it’s a totally a free updated for Tweetbot 4 users (wow, I just realized it’s been 3 whole years since that update).
With today’s update, Tweetbot brings a new icon to match the one that shipped with the Mac update back in April, along with several other additions:
- GIF support in compose view (Powered by Giphy).
- Redesigned profiles.
- Redesigned tweet status details.
- New iconography.
- Optimized dark theme for OLED displays.
- Support for haptic feedback.
- Auto video playback in the timeline (which can be disabled in the settings).
- Ability to add descriptions to images when composing.
The new “Night” theme in particular is darker than before, and quite pleasing to the eye for it.
Go grab the free update, or if you’re somehow a new user, it’ll run you $5 on the iOS App Store.