‘The Field Study Handbook’ by Jan Chipchase is Now Available
A couple months ago, I wrote about Jan Chipchase’s Kickstarter project for The Field Study Handbook, an enormous reference guide to running international/cross-cultural field research. The project was funded fifteen times over, and now the retail edition is available for purchase on Amazon.
The author’s description about the book’s specs and its contents still hold true:
The Handbook reveals how to:
- Build and lead trusted multicultural teams, anywhere in the world.
- Run a field study from pitch to deliverable, initial hypothesis to becoming organisational wisdom.
- Learn how to read contexts, identify patterns of behaviour, decode cultures, and generate insights that inform and inspire product, brand, strategy, policy, and communications.
- Pinpoint the difference between local, regional, and globally relevant solutions.
- Challenge minds, flutter hearts, and make a difference.
- A sturdy hardback, bound in finelinen whose presence is a reminder to travel well.
- The cover, spine and title are debossed.
- It opens flat, includes rich marginalia and space for jotting notes.
- The trim size is 8.5″ x 11″ x 1.75″.
- It weighs a hefty 3.75lb!
- A comprehensive 524 pages, beautifully laid out and spaced with 150k words, over 80 diagrams, tables, case studies and 51 technical illustrations by Lee John Phillips.
Get The Field Study Handbook for $125 on Amazon.