“Stormcrow” — A Tweetstorm Writing App for iPhone
I don’t often 🐦⛈, but if I did, I’d use Stormcrow.
Stormcrow is a new iPhone app made by Jared Sinclair — who, like yours truly, hails from Oklahoma City — that makes it super easy to write properly threaded “tweetstorms”. In fact, he used it to publish a tweetstorm on the @stormcrow_app account to show how it works (to avoid quoted-tweet repetition, I left out some embeds so they read more nicely):
1) Welcome to Stormcrow! It’s the easiest way to write properly-threaded tweetstorms.— Stormcrow (@stormcrow_app) March 26, 2017
3) …Stormcrow will automatically add numbers to each tweet during the publishing step, so you don’t have to hassle with them anymore.— Stormcrow (@stormcrow_app) March 26, 2017
5) When you’re ready to publish, Stormcrow publishes each tweet back-to-back with just one tap.— Stormcrow (@stormcrow_app) March 26, 2017
7) Easy links: tap the link button to search for a link or website. Copying the URL will automatically paste it at the cursor position.— Stormcrow (@stormcrow_app) March 26, 2017
8) Easy editing: drag left and right on the toolbar to move the cursor by small amounts, making it easier to spot-fix adjacent characters.— Stormcrow (@stormcrow_app) March 26, 2017
If you’re into writing tweetstorms — which I do recommend keeping to a minimum, or at least being absolutely certain that Twitter is the right place to share such lengthy thoughts rather than on your own blog — then you’ll find Stormcrow to be a very clever solution for getting the job done. Get the app for $3 on the iOS App Store.