Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is a tiny computer and tinker’s delight that can do all sorts of things.
You can use it to teach yourself programming skills, emulate games (with Bluetooth connectivity that allows for DIY controller mods), automate stuff in your home, set it up as a media server, build robots, and much more. You may have seen an earlier version of this model in use thanks to the Piper Computer Kit we wrote about last year.
Wanna geek out over the full specs? Here you go:
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput 300 Mbps)
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Full-size HDMI
- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- 5V/2.5A DC power input
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support (requires separate PoE HAT)
Just know that you’ll probably want to provide some gear of your own to properly use this thing, like a microSD card loaded with your OS of choice, an HDMI monitor, a wired mouse and keyboard, and a 2.5A power supply.
Get the Model B+ for $39 on Amazon.