LEGO Icons 10316 “The Lord of The Rings: Rivendell” Building Model Kit
If I could visit the world of The Lord of the Rings, the elven valley of Rivendell would be high on my list of places to see, alongside The Shire/Hobbiton. And as it turns out, a few months ago LEGO released a Rivendell building model kit — inspired by the design from the Peter Jackson films — that brings this beautiful Middle-earth locale to life in your own home.
At 6,167 pieces, the highly detailed Rivendell LEGO kit joins the ranks of the 10 biggest LEGO sets ever, and every bit of it is filled with movie magic, plus Easter eggs for the most hardcore LOTR fans.
It can be built in three separate sections (copied from their press release):
Section one, featuring:
– The Council Ring – complete with a semicircular ring of chairs for the council and the plinth where the ring is first revealed and the Fellowship discuss how to destroy it
– Frodo’s Bedroom – with a desk and chest where the young hobbit recovers following his rescue by Arwen from the hands of the Nazgûl, before being reunited with Bilbo
– Elrond’s study – with famous paintings from the history of Middle–earth
Section two, featuring:
– An elven tower – featuring five Elven statues of unnamed famous warriors from the past
Second three, featuring:
– Gazebo, river and bridge – to recreate the scene where the Fellowship departs Rivendell.
The set also includes a whopping 15 minifigures, including all nine members of the Fellowship — Gandalf the Grey, the four hobbit friends (Frodo, Samwise, Merry, and Pippin), Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, and Boromir — along with Elrond, Arwen, Bilbo Baggins, Gloin the dwarf, and a couple of unnamed elves.
Once assembled, the set measures over 15″ high, 29 ½” wide and 19½” deep, resulting in a jaw-dropping display piece that you’re gonna need a big shelf to accommodate.
You can get the LEGO Icons Rivendell set for $500 on Amazon. A hefty price to be sure, but the extravagance of the completed set and the enjoyability of the build process make it worth the cost. I recommend listening to the film soundtrack along the way 🧙♂️🧝♀️💍🗡️🌋