GorillaLine Indoor & Outdoor Retractable Clothesline
There are a number of benefits to hanging your clothes to dry rather than using a dryer machine. It’s more environmentally friendly, you pay less in electrical bills, and if you have the right frame of mind, it can be a pleasant ritual rather than a chore.
A retractable clothesline is one of those little additions to your home that could make a big difference in your day-to-day life, especially if you live in a small space or lack a big enough backyard to rig up a standalone clothesline (or even if you just don’t want one cluttering up your backyard all the time).
You can install one of these things just about anywhere — indoors or outdoors — and once you do, you’ll always have easy access to a clothes drying line that can be hidden away just as quickly whenever you’re done with it. Some placement ideas include:
- In the shower (this is especially ideal for when you need to hang up dripping-wet items like bathing suits).
- On the side of your house, where there may not be a lot of foot traffic.
- Right there in the laundry room, near the washing machine.
- In front of a large window, so you still get the benefits of sun drying even indoors.
- Across a hallway.
- Over the front or back porch, or on a balcony.
You can get pretty creative with it, or even have a few of them set up in/around your home to be used and put away as needed. The GorillaLine clothesline in particular offers up to 13.9 feet of clothesline length and can support up to 40 lbs of weight.
Get it for $30 on Amazon in your choice of white, black, or gray.