I’ve used various screen markup tools for macOS over the years. Skitch was a staple of mine for years, but it felt bloated and slow. I had been using Droplr, and while it’s fantastic for markup, I don’t like how you have to upload the image. After trying a few options, I came across Annotate. It’s only $3.99, and it really works well.
Here are some of the features:
- Record a short screencast and share it anywhere as a GIF
- Capture a screenshot or open any existing image
- Annotate with arrow, line, text, overlay, rectangle, oval, pen, pixelate tool and emojis
- Easily redact parts of an image
- Share the image or a link to the image with Dropbox, CloudApp, Messages, or Mail,
- You can also copy or drag anywhere on your Mac
You can buy Annotate on the Mac App Store for $3.99.